Consulting Structural Engineer, Inc. (CSE) is actively seeking a skilled and motivated, early career, Structural Engineer to join our growing team. CSE is committed to providing exceptional engineering support to a variety of client’s including architects, insurance companies, public and private utilities, contractors, homeowners, and property developers. We specialize in responding to each individual client with innovation, attention to detail, and genuine integrity.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in providing high-quality structural solutions for residential building construction, from single-family homes to large multi-family facilities and be well versed in the use of wood-frame construction, masonry bearing walls and conventional foundations. Previous experience with forensic investigations for structures affected by occurrences of flood, fire, wind and general structural overload or settlement is also desirable.
This is a client-facing role which involves field work and collaborating with project design teams and diverse business partners. You will work closely with a CSE Project Manager to review proposals and plans to develop project objectives and prepare engineering calculations, reports, and drawings. This is an in-office position, with approximately 10% of hours dedicated to fieldwork. CSE is located in Concord, MA and provides services locally and throughout New England.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team, in a small supportive office setting, CSE could be a great fit for you! To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
• BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
• 2+ years of experience in supporting commercial, institutional, or residential building projects utilizing structural steel and/ or wood framing
• Drafting experience with AutoCAD and/or REVIT
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
• Proficiency in Tekla Tedds, Forte and/or BC Calc
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS
• Field experience, including commercial and residential construction sites and client occupied residences
• Valid U.S. driver's license and the ability to commute to field work locations
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Desire to obtain PE Licensure
• General Construction Safety/ OSHA Training
• Proficiency in cloud storage and online project management systems
• Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities with the readiness for continued learning of new ideas and concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare detailed technical reports and engineering plans
• Experience working in a deadline driven, client- focused environment with a strong commitment to integrity while providing innovative solutions
• Ability to be a self-starter, interact as a team player, and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and familiarity with tracking project budgets
• Experience collaborating in a diverse and inclusive team while working together toward technical excellence