Consulting Structural Engineer, Inc. (CSE) is actively seeking a motivated, entry-level, structural engineer to join our growing team. CSE is committed to providing exceptional engineering support to a variety of client’s including architects, contractors, homeowners, and property developers with a focus on design of light frame residential construction. We specialize in responding to each individual client with innovation, attention to detail and genuine integrity.
CSE encourages a collaborative and supportive work environment as we establish the best solutions for our unique client base. As such, the readiness to take initiative, ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and the desire to work in a team environment are essential. Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and a desire to learn.
In collaboration with a CSE Project Manager, you will review proposals and plans, help develop project objectives, and conduct site observations. You will also assist the team in preparing engineering calculations, reports, and drawings. This is an in-office position, with approximately 10% of hours dedicated to fieldwork. CSE is located in Concord, MA and provides services locally and throughout New England.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team, in a small supportive office setting, CSE could be a great fit for you! To apply, please send your resume, unofficial transcript or relevant course list, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
• BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
• 0-2 years of experience in structural engineering/ related field
• Drafting experience in AutoCAD and/ or REVIT
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
• Knowledge of Tekla Tedds, Forte and/or BC Calc
• Valid U.S. driver's license and the ability to commute to field work locations
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
• Proficiency in cloud storage and online project management systems (Monday.com, Dropbox and/ or Timesheets.com)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS
• General Construction Safety/ OSHA Training
• Relevant experience in supporting commercial, institutional, or residential building projects (including internships and co-ops)
• Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
• Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities with the readiness for continued learning of new ideas and concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare technical reports with attention to detail
• Relevant experience working in a deadline driven, client- focused environment with a strong commitment to integrity
• Ability to be a self-starter, interact as a team player and take initiative to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and in an organized fashion